A GMN Hungary is a direct hiring partner of the following cruiselines (Carnival Cruise Lines, Disney Cruise Line, Crystal Cruises, Oceania Cruises, Regent Seven Seas Cruises) and four other river companies (Scylla-Tours , Euroshipping, River-Tours, Ligabue) . Thru our partner networks, we can help to get a job for three more cruise companies (Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Cruises), and three concessionaire (Steiner Leisure Groups, Starboard Cruise Services, Image Photo Services) .
There are many exciting job opportunities around the world on board the luxurious ships. We are looking for outgoing, open minded, motivated individuals to fill these vacancies.
You may make new friendships, discover new countries, traditions, ports, with 60 other nationalities from all around the world.
What do I need to work on board?
- Important note: without a GOOD COMMAND OF ENGLISH (GERMAN on the river) we are not able to help to get a job on board. This is the most important requirement from our partners.
- Outgoing, “ready to learn”, friendly personality. Cruiselines are seeking for open minded, enthusiastic and motivated crew to join their team, who has the stamina and strength to work 7 days a week, 10-12 hours a day 6-8 months in roll. Be fexible and accomodating.
- Nowadays, in the middle of the global recession, there are less and less job opportunities for those job seekers, who have no professional experience, therefore our partners prefer great professionals, who have the expertise to do their job on the highest level.
Why shall I work on board and not on land?:
- You DO NOT have any expenses while You work on board. (You get full board, accomodation, medical care etc. for free !! )
- Whatever You earn, You can save it all !!
- You may travel all around the world, and You get paid for it !!
- Promotion path is guaranteed,You might make a career on board, it depends on You only, how soon You climb upon the “ladder” !! ( Please go to “Career stories” to find out how far You might go)
- The doors are opened for You, which means once You have worked on the ship You will be welcomed all around the world
In the present time – in the middle of the economic crisis – the most important thing is to have a safe and secure workplace. This is what You get from the cruise jobs, as the words – “unemployment” and “cut-back” - are unknown .If You want to work 2 years, 5 years or 10 years, You can do that, and count on that.
Please note: To get a job might take days from the acceptance of Your application, but might also take months to get on board. It always depends on the need of the partner cruise lines, and it also depends on when the specific cruise line comes around for interview.
Candidates need to pass two interviews, one with GMN (“pre-interview”), than an another one with the cruiselines’s HR representative.
In the following please feel free to surf on our site to find the best and most suitable position for Yourself according to your education and professional experience !!!